Date Posted: Thursday, May 16th, 2019
Bear – The Delaware State Police Governor’s Task Force (GTF) with the assistance of Probation and Parole officers, have charged 38 year old James C. Moore of Newark and 39 year old Justin Taylor of New Castle, with multiple weapons and drug related offenses stemming from an investigation that was based on a Crimestoppers tip.
James C. Moore
On May 14, 2019 GTF and Probation and Parole Officers received an anonymous tip via Delaware Crimestoppers, informing them of illegal drug sales and weapons violations, allegedly occurring at a residence within the Fairwinds Trailer Park, located in the 700 block of Pulaski Hwy., Bear. An investigation was initiated based on the tipster’s information which resulted in a search of the residence. At the time of the search, Moore and Taylor were taken into custody without incident and the following items were recovered.
- Ruger .22 rifle
- American Tactical AR 15 style rifle
- Tennessee Arms AR 15 style rifle
- Moss pump shotgun
- Hi-Point 9mm rifle
- Ruger .22 handgun
- Glock 9mm handgun
- 6 ammunition canisters containing rifle and handgun ammunition
- Suitcase containing 30 loaded ammunition magazines
- 22 bags of Heroin (total weight .147 grams)
- .11 grams marijuana
James C. Moore was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon or Ammunition by Person Prohibited (8 counts)
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon by Person Prohibited who also Possesses a Controlled Substance (6 Counts)
- Possession of Heroin
Moore was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court #11 and then committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Facility in lieu of $200,000.00 secured bail.
Justin Taylor was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon by Person Prohibited who also Possesses a Controlled Substance (7 counts)
- Possession of Marijuana
Taylor was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court #11 and committed to the Howard r. Young Correctional Institution in lieu of $21,000.00 secured bail.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Michael Austin
View All News Posts