Date Posted: Thursday, June 20th, 2019
Bridgeville- The Delaware State Police have arrested a Bridgeville man following an investigation into the distribution of illegal drugs.
On June 19, 2019, members of the Sussex Drug Unit (SDU) concluded a two month long drug investigation into 28-year-old Jevontae L. Dale. The investigation revealed that Dale was selling narcotics from his vehicle, a black 2010 Nissan Altima while it was parked along Meadowlark Drive near Bridgeville. Throughout the investigation members of the SDU observed Dale conducting drug transactions in this area. As a result, a search warrant was obtained for Dale and his vehicle.
Members of the Governor’s Task Force (GTF) and Troop 5 observed Dale walking away from his vehicle in the area of Church Street and North Street, Bridgeville and took him into custody without incident. The search warrant was then executed on his vehicle and the following items were seized:
- Approximately 64.91 grams of crack cocaine
- Approximately 34.6 grams of powder cocaine
- Approximately 168 bags of heroin
- Approximately 4.2 grams of marijuana
- (11) 20mg Oxycodone pills
- Taurus .22 caliber revolver (loaded)
- Ruger P85 9mm handgun (loaded and reported stolen)
- Over $1500 in suspected drug proceeds
- Numerous rounds of ammunition
- Drug paraphernalia
Dale was transported back to Troop 4 and charged with the following:
- Possession of a controlled substance in a Tier 5 quantity (2 counts)
- Possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance in a Tier 4 quantity (2 counts)
- Possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance (2 counts)
- Possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited (2 counts)
- Receiving a stolen firearm
- Possession of marijuana
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Dale was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court and committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on $126,502.00 cash only bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Melissa Jaffe
Released: 062019 0929
View All News Posts